Our Easter egg butterflies are the perfect Spring craft for the whole family! Reusing plastic eggs, this craft can help you re-purpose leftover /old eggs to create something new! All you’ll need is a hot glue gun, easter eggs, googly eyes, and pipe cleaners!
This butterfly is in a set of 3 of our DIY Easter Egg ideas for 2021! Be on the look out for our bee craft, and our caterpillar craft!
What You’ll Need
- Reusable eggs
- Pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun
Glue 2 eggs together
- Open up 2 eggs and hot glue them together, with the openings facing up
Roll the pipe cleaners
- Select 2 colors for your pipe cleaners
- Roll pipe cleaners to create 4 circles that are smaller than the width of the egg
- Take a second color, and wrap it around your first set of circles
Finish the wings
- Hot glue the circles and place them inside the egg openings
Make the body & antennas
- Take 2 pipe cleaners, form the body and antennas of the butterfly
- Hot glue the body to the wings
Finish your butterfly!
- Finish with cute googly eyes!